CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 17, 2010

Its closing in on us



Its approaching so fast, I can't even comprehend. The more I think about it, the more I realize, we have made the best decision to move back to NJ. Allie asks about 15 times a day when Daddy is getting home from work, I don't think she would completely understand he won't be coming back for awhile, no matter how many times I tell her. At least in NJ, she will be surrounded by her grandparents, aunts and cousins. My friend Helen gave me some great ideas to help her understand the time left until Adam comes home and I plan on doing them as soon as we get back to NJ. I dread the day he leaves, but I still don't even realize quite how close it is. We booked the hotel yesterday, and now we need to make the decision of what day my dad is going to come out here. I hate making decisions.


On a more positive note, Allie could not be more ready for Christmas! I have all of her presents wrapped. Now I need to wrap Emily's. Allie got to "buy" Emily a present last night and she was so excited. We were done shopping for her when she decided she desperately wanted this Baby Alive...so we decided that could be the present Em got for her. Now all is well again in the world! I really need to get a lot packed this weekend. We were doing well, but with the crappy weather, we were pretty lazy for a few days...packing Allie's room is not going to go well. She wants to bring EVERYTHING to NJ. But I have to lightly remind her she is probably getting lots of new toys from Santa. We haven't been to see Santa yet at the mall and Im not sure if its even worth it. She had a monsterous melt down when Santa appeared at the troop Christmas party the other night, which in turn made Emmy cry too. But she does know what she wants...Squinkies, Zoobles and Lala Loopsy (with purple hair thanks to my convincing bc thats the one we bought haha). We took some pictures of them the other night in their adorable PJs and they came out pretty cute. Other than that, we are just enjoying this time together and finishing things up.


Our friends the Marshcands invited us over for Christmas dinner and we are excited. They are really good friends of ours, and it will be a really nice night. It will be one of the last things we do here, so I think it will be a nice way to "wrap" things up here, especially since they are PCSing soon. We will miss them a lot. Allie will especially miss her Landon since she is always talking about him. But they will only be in Ft. Campbell, so hopefully we can take a few trips down and visit them after deployment!

2 comments:

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

This post made me tear up! We are going to miss you guys SOOO much!!!!

Samantha said...

We will miss you guys too! Adam and I were talking about it tonight :( But we will definately need to come down for a visit when we get back!