CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 15, 2011

I am SO "Old" now...WAH!

Well, I turned 27 over the weekend...I am now on the downhill slope to 30! Actually, age has never bothered me one bit. This is probably because Adam and I have been together for 10 years. We started dating a month before my 17th birthday...but were really good friends for about a year before that. Essentially, we have grown up together. Sometimes I feel like we are still those 22 year olds, just married...but how did we end up with 2 kids?! Then I think oh my goodness, how am I 27? It seems unreal. But here we are...10 years later in life, 2 beautiful kids, married for 5 years...but yes I still feel like we are 17.

I had a pretty good birthday, probably the best I could of had given the circumstances. It was the 2nd year in a row Adam missed my birthday. He was home the year before that, and we actually went on a date. The year before that...I was insanely busy packing for our trip to the states, while he laid on the couch in severe pain because he cut his cornea on Allie's first birthday. The year before that, he was deployed, before that we were living seperate (I was in the states, he was in Germany trying to get me moved over there), the year before that he was in basic training. So basically, since my 21st birthday, he has only been home for 2 of them! Its crazy when I think about it, but its also why I really could care less about it.

Allie was the sweetest thing. She was so excited about it being my birthday from the moment she woke up, until she went to bed, she was wishing me a HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYY! We went to the dollar store with my mom, and she went down the aisle and found a pack of beaded necklaces and hid them behind her back. She went running over to my mom and said, "Mom mom we HAVE to buy these for my mom, she is just going to love them! Hide them in your basket." When we got home, she proudly took them out of the bag and said, "These are for you mommy, I think you will love them!" I wanted to cry right then and there. She really was so proud of her gift. I went out to get a pedicure and manicure (after getting a birthday call from my husband!) and my mom and sister said she was so upset over not having a birthday card for me. So my sister went out to get a cake and a card for her to give me. Like I said, my birthday has not been a big deal to me for years. I never ask for gifts, I can't even think of what I would want when my mom hounds me asking. However, Allie made me love my birthday this year. She really reminded of how sweet and genuinely loving she is. She has such a big, big heart. She is my biggest helper, and even on the days when she is my biggest trouble and stressor, I do not know what I would do without her! She even has the "Spit it out!" and putting her finger in Emily's mouth to search for what Em just ate that she shouldn't of, down pat! I love my girls, and I am blessed to have such loving girls, even on the days when I want to cry because I feel like I can't take another day of doing this alone...they are the ones that get me thru, they make Adam being gone a little bit easier. They will get me to December.

0 comments: