CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Obviously, I am not a very good blogger!

Well, here we are! We are 7 months into this deployment. It feels SO good to say that. Life has certainly thrown us tons of curve balls this deployment. Adam was scheduled to in fact be home right now for his R&R to be home for Allie's birthday and hopefully mine. Well unfortunately, he had some major trouble with his back and had to go on R&R early...way early. He came home 3 months into the deployment. We had a wonderful time on R&R, but unfortunately when he left, it meant we had to face 8 months being apart head on. It has proved to be challenging, but it has also made us stronger. Allie knows Daddy will be home around Christmas time and she cannot wait! She has so many plans for when he comes home. She wants him to take her camping, fishing and he has to teach her how to play basketball. She doesn't know how to get the ball bouncing very long and needs help. We cannot WAIT for you to come home Daddy! 5 months and we get to be a family again!

May was a hard month for us as well. My grandmom got really sick and passed away. That was really hard to handle with out Adam. I missed him terribly during that. Emily also turned ONE! That was certainly the fastest year of my life. She was not walking, barely crawling by her first birthday. She started crawling when Adam came home for R&R. She had a bumblebee birthday, but HATES birthdays and cries hysterically whenever we sing Happy Birthday to ANYONE.

June and July flew by in the blink of an eye. I guess we stayed busy enough for it to go by that fast. We had a great 4th of July. The weeks really seem to just be ticking by.

Its now August and Allie is 4! Her birthday came and went so fast. She had a WONDERFUL birthday. She wanted a Lalaloopsy birthday and I tried my best to give her what she wanted. She was the happiest birthday girl and so grateful for all of her gifts. She has been playing nonstop with her new toys. She may be sassy, but she is always grateful. My birthday is in a few days, and I am actually getting a pedicure and my nails done! Shocker! I haven't gotten a pedicure since the day before I had Emily...I am desperate. Emily started WALKING the day before Allie's birthday. She really took off on Allie's birthday. Her first real mission walking...she walked into the bathroom, opened my mom's make up, took out her blush brush, and dunked it right in the toilet. Today she was almost running down the hallway. She is climbing all over the place, including places like the coffee table and the 2 step-step stool. She is certainly a different child than Allie. Allie did not find herself in this kind of trouble! Am I really ready for what Emily is getting ready to get herself into?! I am a little scared!

September is right around the corner and I cannot wait. I am getting Allie registered for preschool and I think time will go even faster then. I keep telling Adam we just have to get to September and it should really start moving then. I hope I am right, for both of our sakes. He is really missing the girls. We are almost there though! I firmly believe staying positive helps get us through...and minus a few bad days in there when things just felt really, really bad...I have stayed really positive. So, lets keep on going and before I know it, we will have a few weeks left!

0 comments: